Our mission is to promote professional and ethical excellence in the business broker and intermediary community thereby enabling our members to serve clients more effectively
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Pennsylvania Business Brokers Association (PBBA). The following should give you an understanding of how PBBA can benefit you in the profession of Business Brokerage.
The Pennsylvania Business Brokers Association is an association of main street business brokers and merger and acquisition intermediaries whose goal is to promote the growth and professionalism of the business brokerage community within our state and surrounding member states. To accomplish this goal PBBA provides a variety of membership services including:
- Listings - A business listing service that gives members and potential buyers access to several hundred business opportunities which are currently being marketed by member brokers. Regular members can add any listings to the listing exchange for which they are the listing agent, at no additional charge.
- Education - PBBA provides two annual training days where members can participate in training courses developed by the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) and instructed by highly qualified and experienced instructors from the IBBA. These courses earn credits toward the Certified Business Intermediary designation (CBI) and for the Master Merger and Acquisition Intermediary (MM&AI). The courses provide continuing education credits for the recertification of designations. These designations demonstrate to the public that PBBA brokers have obtained experience and knowledge required to help clients buy and sell businesses and that they have agreed to a strict code of ethics in their professional practice.
- Deal Mart and Networking Opportunitie - Bi-annual conferences are arranged where the members may exchange their listings, if they so desire, as well as providing networking opportunities with other business brokers.
- Associate Members - Meet lenders, attorneys and representatives of other affiliate businesses that specialize in supporting business brokerage. Better yet learn who's good and who's not.
- Speakers - Key speakers on industry relevant topics at our twice-yearly conferences.
- Resource Library - and our ever-growing resource library.
- Advocacy and Lobbying - as a group our voice is more likely to be heard by the Office of the Pennsylvania Secretary of State and the State Securities Department on matters of law and registration rules affecting all business brokerage and intermediary professionals.
- Membership Directory - printed and on-line on the website.
- Website Communication - communication tool to reach groupings of other members fast and effectively. Available to members only.
- Promotional - through sponsorship opportunities at our twice annually meetings
- Discounts on - publications and services from PBBA's vendors.